MAD Dash – XC Series
Welcome to our 2017/18 Winter XC series MaD Dash, sponsor required.
MAD Dash is a series of XC MTB Rides that will suit all age groups and abilities, the aim is to keep riding the great hills in the Cotswolds during the winter months and encourage Novice and Younger Riders to join in the racing. There will be prizes awarded at each race and then Series Prizes awarded after Race 4, to those who have competed in a minimum of 3 races.
The events will be held on a lapped course approximately 4.5k long. The routes are all-weather and will change for each Race. There is something for everyone at this marvellous National Trust location. The events are aimed at all categories from children, Youth & Junior and Adult. For location information and directions click here.
Age Category Race Duration (Approximately)
- Adult (including Novice) – 90mins
- Junior – 90mins
- Youth & Juvenile – 60mins
- U12s – 20mins
- U8s – 10min
Timings (subject to confirmation)
- Car park open – 0830hrs
- Registration open – 0900-1100hrs
- U12s & U8s Race – 1000hrs (20mins approx on short course)
- Course open for practise 1005hrs – 1100hrs
- U12s presentation – 1030hrs
- Adult Race start – 1130hrs
- U16s/U14s start – 1135hrs
- Adult race course closure – 1300hrs
- Adult Race presentations – 1330hrs
Medals for all finishers at each Race.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male & Female
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd U23, M40, M50, M60, M70
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd U23, F40, F50, F60
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd M16, M14, F16, F14
- 1st Fat Bike Rider
There must be a minimum of 2 finishers in a category for prizes to be awarded. Individuals will only qualify for one award.
Series Rules: to qualify for the overall Series awards you must take part in a minimum of 3 of the 4 races. Your best 3 scores will count to your final standing. Points are awarded based upon your overall finish position for that race, Adult or U16 by Male & Female. The winners are those with the most points after Race 4. Individuals can only qualify for one prize.
Series prizes to be awarded for:
- Adult Male: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st U23, 1st M40, 1st M50, 1st M60.
- Adult Female:1st overall, 1st U23, 1st F40, 1st F50, 1st F60.
- 1st Youth Male, 1st Juvenile Male
- 1st Youth Female, 1st Juvenile Female
All U12s who compete in 3 events will receive a prize.
There will be parking, toilets and hot and cold refreshments. There will also be a neutral service vehicle, bike wash down, drinking water, First Aid, marshals and signage.
There will be live race timing provided by Rogue Racer available for spectators during the race and immediately available at the finish. Lap times and certificates will be available online. All Race Results are posted here.
Charles Whitton photography are providing photographers at these events, your individual photographs are linked directly from your race results. View photographs from Race 2 by clicking here.