We are pleased to announce the return of the MaD evening XC mountain bike races, kicking off on Wednesday 17th May at the Gloucester Boating Lake field. For location information click here.
The events will be on Wednesday evenings with the adult race starting bang on 7pm. The course will vary at each race, you can get a practise lap in from 5.30pm after you have registered. You’ll have 1 hour to complete as many laps as you wish, each race will have a fresh course and fun is very much on the cards.
The events are open to anyone on a mountain bike/fat bike. (No cross bikes I’m afraid).
Dates – as we said, Wednesday evenings:
- Race 1 – 25 May 2017 – Gloucester
- Race 2 – 05 July 2017 – Gloucester
- Race 3 – 16 August 2017 – Gloucester
- Race 4 – 13 September 2017 – Bike Park 417 (Lights Required)
Entry – the cheapest option is to enter online although there will be entry on the night and registration will be open from 5.30pm. For online entry click here.
Basic rules are –
- Cycle helmets must be worn during all events.
- No lid, no race! Mountain bike or fat bike only.
- Number board must be on the front of your bike, (We supply this)
- You must smile or be disqualified… *
Age Category Race Duration (Approximately)
- Adult (including Novice) – 60mins
- Junior – 60mins
- Youth & Juvenile – 60mins
There will be parking, toilets and hot and cold refreshments. There will also be a neutral service vehicle, drinking water, First Aid, marshals and signage.
There will be live race timing provided by Rogue Racer available for spectators during the race and immediately available at the finish. Lap times and certificates will be available online. All Race Results are posted here.