The MaD Enduro – 2017
Welcome to the Mean and Dirty MTB Enduro Series for 2017.
More great stages, new for 2017 we are introducing half day practise sessions as well for more riding time.
At present we have 2 confirmed dates both at Ebworth Park.
- Round 1 – Sunday 30th July 2017
- Round 2 – Sunday 15th October
More affordable and well organised MTB Enduro events in Gloucestershire. With our experience and knowledge of MTB downhill, cross country and enduro racing, as well as being regular mountain bikers for over 30 years, we feel we know what makes for a great enduro event.
We have live timing supplied by Rogue Racer and a fantastic venue at Ebworth Park (a few miles from Gloucester and Cirencester) in partnership with the National Trust, which is the base for the whole series and has great facilities for your enjoyment.
Travelling by car, the Ebworth Centre is located on the B4070 road between Birdlip and Stroud, and is signposted from this road near the Foston’s Ash pub. The postcode to use is GL6 7ES.
There is car-parking on arrival, Dogs are welcome but please keep them under close control. Please be aware that children, animals and farm machinery may all be encountered on the Estate, so do take care. Click map below to get directions.
Fancy Sponsoring our events then please contact us?
What is Enduro?
MTB Enduro is a form of MTB racing which is based around a set of timed downhill stages, these have linked transitional trails you have to complete to the start of each subsequent stage. The format is based on motorbike enduro and anyone who has followed car rallying should find it instantly familiar. The most basic definition is timed downhills and un-timed uphills. Racing is over a series of special stages and whoever has the fastest combined time after those stages wins.
A few basic rules:
- All competitors must carry everything they need for the event. This includes spares, tools, clothing, food and drink. What you carry is up to you but give it some thought.
- Cycle Helmets MUST be warn during the event, full-face helmets are not compulsory but we recommend them.
- The rider catching another rider must shout a warning and state which side they intend to pass. (“On the Right” or left)
- If you break the tape, which lines each stage, you must rejoin the course at the point you broke the tape.
We ask that: Should you come across and injured rider please stop and call for assistance, we have marshals all around each stage.
- We have a few changes from last year. The day will be divided into morning practise and then the race in the afternoon. This will give all riders the same opportunity to ride each stage before the timed racing, making it fairer for all.
- You can ride the stages as many times in the practise session that you want.
- The winner is the rider with the quickest time over all of the stages on the day. Each Round will feature fresh stages.
- There will be 4 timed stages and the times for the stages will be added together for an aggregate time to decide the winner in each Round and category. All stages are varied over distance and elevation/vertical drop. We are focused in a specific area of the park this year, so there will be 2 stages each ridden twice in the afternoon.
- The stages have been designed to be ridden by a mixture of abilities, so no big jumps but challenging enough for the best riders out there and basically the faster you go the harder it is. There will be multiple lines available for you to take on each stage, depending upon your ability.
- To ensure maximum enjoyment, riders can practise as many times in the morning as they wish once they have registered and ride with your mates on the day.
There are LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE and NO ON THE DAY ENTRIES available, so book now to avoid disappointment.
Competitor Numbers: 180 maximum per Round
- Early bird £30 per rider – same as last year so book early!
- Normal price £35
- Late entry £40 per rider
- Juvenile Men – Riders in the year of their 13th or 14th birthdays (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Youth Men – Riders in the year of their 15th or 16th birthdays (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Junior Men – Riders in the year of their 17th or 18th birthdays (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Male Senior – 19-29 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Masters – 30-39 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Vets – 40-49 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Grandvets – 50 + (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Females – Riders in the year of their 13th birthday onwards (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Fatbike – Riders in the year of their 13th birthday or onwards (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Round 1 – 30 July 2017 NOW OPEN
- Early Bird til 26 May 2017 £30
- Normal fee 27 May – 30 June 2017 £35
- Late fee from 01 July 2017 £40 if spaces available
Round 2 – 15th October NOW OPEN
- Early Bird til 30 June 2017 £30
- Normal fee from 01 July to 15 September 2017 £35
- Late fee from 16 September 2017 £40 if spaces available
- Registration: 08-1000hrs
- Practise: 10-1300hrs
- Lunch: 13-1400hrs
- Race: 14-1600hrs (Seeded start times)
- Prize Giving: 1615hrs
- Free on the day parking
- Local Camping
- Superbly sign posted and marshalled course
- Hot & cold refreshments
- Drinking water
- Technical support
- Live Timing as you finish from RogueRacer
- Personalised certificates with your split times
- Prizes, presentations for top 3 of each category.
- Event photographer
- First Aid and on course support and recovery
- The best friendly event staff you could ask for…..we look forward to seeing you at Round 1.
click the links below